Library and Information Services
The University of Kansas libraries, excluding Law and Medicine, have holdings in excess of
3.6 million volumes and 655,000 government documents and related items, placing them among the top research libraries in the United States. Rapid access to articles from journals not owned by KU is provided by an electronic document delivery service. A state-of-the-art automated library catalog and database system has been installed.
The KU library system owns one of the finest collections of printed books on economics in the world, especially in the history of economic thought, but also in economic history in general. The Howey Collection, in the Department of Special Collections, includes volumes published through 1850 and is surpassed only by the collections at Harvard and the University of London. The collection of works published from 1851 through 1930 housed in the main library is unequaled by any library in the world.
- NBER Working Papers
- Historical Statistics of the United States
- ICPSR Data Archive
- World Bank e-Library
- United Nations Common Database
- Other Economics Related Databases
- General Databases
KU Libraries will find and secure access to books, journal literature, and other information resources not held in local collections.
Onsite and online course specific materials
Other KU Information Services
- Economics Liaison dedicated to working with departmental faculty and students
- General Reference Services available onsite, online, by phone
- Instructional Services workshops on topics of information research and information technology support
- Computer Labs and workstations in Watson and Anschutz Libraries and open computer
labs in Budig and Kansas Union
- GIS and Data Lab in Anschutz Library -- Specialized support for data and GIS work.
SAS, SPSS, ArcGIS and other specialized programs. Access to Data Services Librarian, Data and GIS Specialist, and Statistical Computing Specialist staff
- Citation Management software available to students, faculty, and staff
- RefWorks -- online citation management service
- EndNote -- pc-based citation management program available at no charge to graduate students and faculty
- Education and support for Electronic Theses and Dissertation creation and deposit
- KU Scholarworks -- online Institutional Repository environment for KU created research